design & installation
Residential Landscape Design & Installation
When our design team comes to your garden, it’s with a breadth of experience ranging from intimate gardens to large commercial projects. Our focus is on meeting your individual needs and lifestyle desires while maintaining the architectural integrity of the site. McAdam has been recognized as an award-winning landscape contractor by the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA).
The design process includes:
- Initial Meeting: This essential face-to-face step enables us to gather the pertinent information that will form your “wish list.” We walk your property with you and gain insight into your needs and preferences. On large projects, you may answer a questionnaire to help clarify your “wish list” for the design team.
- Design Fee: After you agree to put your vision onto paper, we collect the design fee. At this time, we ask you to provide a plat of survey and return the completed questionnaire (if applicable). The plat of survey is not required, but recommended if available.
- Design: We develop the landscape plans for the project. Depending on design complexity and time of year, this phase can take one to four weeks.
- Final Concept: At this meeting, you gain a clear understanding of your investment as we provide your final landscape plans, photo descriptions of the plants and a detailed proposal breaking down the project.
- Landscape architecture/design
- Patio installation
- Plant installation
- Outdoor kitchens
- Fire pits/fireplaces
- Landscape lighting
- Drainage and Water Management